Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I've been thinking...

I often think of things that I would really rather be then a nurse. Not that I don't love being a nurse, but I've tried other things but always go back because it is what I am. The thing I guess I would like to be is a realistic romance novel writer. I guess it would go like this: And as he gazed deep into her amber eyes he kissed her fiercely. He suddenly straightened as he heard the familiar sound of tiny feet running across the floor and cries of "Daddy why is the door shut" come from the other side of the locked bedroom door.
I guess I would probably never sell a book but it would be satisfying to write what really happens in most parents bedroom. This would also confirm my husband's belief that there is a hidden alarm that wakes up children when the mid line of the bed has been crossed and the first kiss has been started. They suddenly awaken with nightmares, the need to potty, or wake up ready to spend time with the parents and watch Saturday morning cartoons from mom and dads bed. But, really we wouldn't have it any other way! I guess we will have to see what I really wanna be next year!

1 comment:

Shaunta said...

LOL I couldn't agree more. Clayton does not like for me and Greg to kiss. He screams then holds his hands up saying "STOP. STOP." Apparently, he is very happy being an only child! HA!