Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gotta start somewhere

Sunday has turned into being such a great day today. Church was wonderful and moving, but the getting ready with two children part was even good today. Something has changed in my husband and it is making for such a wonderful Sunday that it is scary. He no longer lays in the bed and waits for me to run around and get the kids ready, Italiccook breakfast, and pack the diaper bag while he manages to get himself ready and be mad because we are running late. He gets up and helps me get everybody ready and then herds the kids around while I finish getting ready (without me putting my makeup on in the van). Tonight he was hiding in the living room reading by lamp light and I sat down with him, he quickly put the book away. I kept pressing him so he gave in and showed me his prize : The Love Dare. I was so overcome but with 2 strange emotions. First I was so taken that he loved me that much to try and change somethings and second was I so difficult that he felt he needed to do this to help? So after my paranoia was gone he explained that he felt it would be a surprise to show me how much he loved me and how dedicated he still is after 10 years to our relationship. So after I had to share this with my friends, I have to say that I am very blessed to have a wonderful husband how values me and is praying for me daily. I can't wait to enjoy the next 37 days of this book and ladies I highly recommend this, it is great! I am so glad that a friend invited us to go see Fireproof with her and her husband. I for see us owning it when it comes out on dvd.

3 comments:

Shaunta said...

That's a good man.

I'll be sending mine for some fine tuning.

:)

Anonymous said...

Your welcome!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I am actually trying not to cry...usually it is the woman that goes the extra mile. I am very proud of him and thrilled for you! God is good...