Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving is offical banned at my house!

For the last three years I have been the one in the emergency room on some portion of Thanksgiving. And the two years before that I had been so sick that I could barely raise my head. So, from now on I feel sure that if I boycott the official celebration of Thanksgiving that the emergency room can do without me.
Wednesday night my in-laws took my children to eat at their oldest sons house so that I could work on cleaning the floors in our house. About two hours later they show up with a screaming toddler that has fallen. Yes, Jasmine fell out of a rolling desk chair and apparently hit the arched leg with her right side. She screamed for two hours and could not walk. She would shake with apparent pain and could not speak. I paniced and take her to the emergency room and sat for five hours to find out that nothing is broken and her blood work is fine. This is my daredevil child that has taken many falls from the dining room table, down five steps, out of the van, etc and cry for five minutes and be fine. This appeared to be a serious injury and turned out to be nothing, thank GOD! So we can now add that our youngest child is our first to visit the ER. So, Thanksgiving was a blurr since Jasmine and I got home around 2:30. Her little ribs were so bruised that she could not sleep for a while and then it was fitful.
I am truly thankful for so much, today for emergency rooms that do not make fun of panicked mothers. I am thankful for a husband that allowed me to sleep for a few hours and stepped up to care for the little injured one. Most of all I am thankful for salvation and having a savior that surrounds and protects my children from themselves.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! Maybe by next year I will forget about all of this and make a full spread for the crew to devour.

2 comments:

DanaNGuffey said...

Bless her heart!! Hope she is feeling better...and do not worry I am probably well known at ER's with children that are perfectly fine. Although most of the time I go against my better judgement because my more dramatic husband thinks that he knows better...but I guess it is better to be safe than sorry!! And the ER doesn't mind..I think the insurance does though!! LOL..and I have officially banned Halloween if that makes you feel any better...my kids are always fussing over some part of their costume that is bugging them or doesn't work with the seat belt..always some comotion with alot of crying and totally miserable me in the middle of it!!!So, although we still go trick or treating , we try to make it short and sweet. Anyways, I am sure everyone understood you were tired and it was great of Chad to step in and take care of the little ones. Hope you are both rested and feeling better...until next time...God Bless!!

Shaunta said...

Bless her heart! Glad to hear she is ok! If my family decided to boycott holidays because of hospital trips or disasters, we would have to boycott every last one of them! LOL