Friday, November 14, 2008

When you leave behind all you know...

So I feel old when I can say that for nearly a decade I have been a nurse in an intensive care unit somewhere in Chattanooga. I can safely say that I have witnessed things I wish I could forget, and have been witness to miraculous things I can never utter to others. I have seen life and death come at once and leave behind a wake so wide that families crumble. However, I am sad to see this time in my life end and to begin a different journey. Sounds weird even when I am writing, just like it did in my head. I know that GOD has prepared me for this new job and it is a blessing that I will be able to spend more time with my family, but part of me wonders if I will miss the place that I have come from. My job was my life until I had children and now they are my focus. I know now that my focus has shifted to GOD and my family and this job will allow me to have more time with both. No more weekends, holiday shifts, nights, and odd hours that I must work just the normal five day work week. Am I ready to be normal? I pray that I am because I am giving all I can come November 24th. It kind of reminds me of the stories in the Bible when GOD called everyday people like the Abraham, Paul and others to leave what they knew to follow him. Ready of not here I go...

No comments: